Remote Team, Inc. (“Remote Team”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.remoteteam.com website (the “Service” or “website”).
We use your Personal Information for providing and improving the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
If you do not agree with the terms, do not access or use the Services, Websites or any other aspect of Remote Team’s business.
Information We Collect And Receive
We may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
• Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Workspace by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Remote Team when using the Services.
• Other Information. We also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
I. Workspace and Account Information. To create or update a Workspace account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Remote Team with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide Remote Team (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address. II. Usage Information.
• Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Remote Team logs the Workspaces, channels, people, features, content and links you view or interact with, the types of files shared, and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
• Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
• Device information. Remote Team collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
• Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. We may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
IV. Third Party Services. A Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for its Workspace. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and a Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for its Workspace. We may also develop and offer Remote Team applications that connect the Services with a Third Party Service. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Remote Team. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Workspace, we may receive the user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to Remote Team to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Remote Team. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Remote Team is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to Remote Team in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider and any permission(s) granted by Customer (including, by its Authorized User(s)). We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
V. Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
VI. Third Party Data. Remote Team may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
VII. Additional Information Provided to Remote Team. We also receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or in other ways, such as if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, enroll in a certification program or other educational program hosted by Remote Team or a vendor, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Remote Team.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Remote Team in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Remote Team is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Workspace, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Remote Team uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Remote Team uses Other Information:
• To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities, or at an Authorized User’s request.
• As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
• To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
• To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Remote Team tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Workspaces and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services or Third Party Service suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience, or create new productivity features and products.
• To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Remote Team. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from Remote Team please reach out through the contact mechanisms described below.
• For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Remote Team may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
• To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
We may contact you with newsletters and other marketing information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. Please note that we may still send you transactional or administrative messages related to the Service even after you have opted out of receiving marketing communications.
Information Sharing with Third Parties
Service Providers: We work with third party service providers to perform services on our behalf, including, but not limited to,
• Third Party Service Purpose Entity Country Website
Compliance With Law: We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
Sale or Merger: If we directly or indirectly undergo a business transition (including a proposed transaction), like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part our assets, we may disclose or transfer information collected from, and about, you (including your Personal Information), to the successor organization in (or in anticipation of) the transition.
We takes security of data very seriously. We works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. We has received internationally recognized security certifications. To learn more about current practices and policies regarding security and confidentiality of the Services. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, we cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
Age Limitation and Children’s Privacy
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, we does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 18 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18 without verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
California Privacy Rights
California consumers have a right to knowledge, access, and deletion of their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. California consumers also have a right to opt out of the sale of their personal information by a business and a right not to be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights. Remote Team does not sell the personal information of California consumers and does not discriminate in response to privacy rights requests.
If California consumers would like to exercise their privacy rights, requests may be made to email@example.com, or by calling +1(307) 200-9201.
If you don’t have any Remote Team account, Remote Team will ask you for information which we consider necessary to verify your identity for security and to prevent fraud. This information may include name, contact information, and information related to your transaction or relationship with Remote Team, but the specific information requested may differ depending on the circumstances of your request for your security and to protect privacy rights. If we delete your personal information, we will both render certain personal information about you permanently unrecoverable and also deidentify certain personal information.
Do Not track
Remote Team does not track Site users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Accordingly, we do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Data about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services.
Remote Team offers interactive services which allow you to some information share your collagues. At any time you can delete or remove anything using the deletion or removal options within our services. If you have questions about how to remove something or if you would like additional assistance with deletion you can contact our Support team directly here: firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we offer deletion capability for our services, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services.
California residents that have an established business relationship with us can request a notice disclosing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties during the preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request from us, if entitled, please use the contact information listed below.
If you are under 18 years of age and a California resident using the Service, at any time you can request that we remove content you have provided or posted. Please contact us at the information below for our assistance, including to request removal of your information or content. Note that the removal of information or content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that information or content posted through the Service.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and Service that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and/or across different websites. We do not support Do Not Track requests at this time.
International Transfers and Privacy Shield Notice
Personal data we collect may be transferred to, used, and stored in the United States or other jurisdictions in which Remote Team, our affiliates, or service providers are located; these locations (including the United States) may not guarantee the same level of protection of personal data as the one in which you live. By providing us with your personal data, you agree to such transfer and/or processing. Remote Team assesses the circumstances involving all cross-border data transfers and has suitable safeguards in place to require that your personal data will remain protected in accordance with this notice.
Remote Team participates in the EU-U.S. and U.S.-Swiss Privacy Shield Frameworks and Principles (collectively, the “Privacy Shield Principles”). We will comply with the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to personal data transferred to the United States from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom, and Switzerland. You can review the Privacy Shield Principles, learn more about Privacy Shield, and view our Privacy Shield certification at https://www.privacyshield.gov/. Remote Team’s commitments under the Privacy Shield Principles are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Remote Team is and will remain liable for the processing of personal data it receives under each Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. We comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the EEA, including the onward transfer liability provisions. If there is a conflict between the terms of this notice and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles will govern.
In addition, Remote Team has implemented the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal data between our affiliated companies, which require all of our affiliates to protect personal data they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards where legally required with our third party service providers and partners; details can be provided upon request.
Complaints or Questions About Remote Team’s Privacy Shield Certifications. If you have any questions or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield Certification, please email email@example.com . We will respond within 45 days of receiving your complaint and will promptly investigate and attempt to resolve it. If you reside in the EEA and your complaint cannot be resolved through this process, we will participate in the dispute resolution process administered by JAMS. For information about how to initiate a Privacy Shield claim with JAMS, please contact JAMS directly. Under certain conditions (described on the Privacy Shield website), you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Remote Team has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact the Customer who controls your workspace for additional access and assistance.
To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (or applicable laws covering the processing of Personal Data in the United Kingdom), we relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. We may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, and you have a right to object to Remote Team’ s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time. Contacting us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 45 days of receiving your complaint and will promptly investigate and attempt to resolve it.