When it comes to project management, time is very necessary, more so when it involves remote or flexible workers. Time used needs to be tracked, hence the reason for using efficient time tracking software, Harvest.
Table of Contents
What is Harvest Time Tracking App?
Harvest is a popular time tracking app which comes with an intuitive interface that allows a careful study of all employees within a blink of an eye. It is a cloud-based time tracking software suitable for all business sizes and types. Although there are many time tracking apps available, Harvest seems to be unique in various ways. This article will provide you with an in-depth review of Harvest Time Tracking app in order to be able to access it and make a good decision when it comes to time tracking apps.
Harvest Time Tracking Features
Harvest’s numerous features include scheduling and invoicing, time and expense management, as well as team management. Team members can log on to a timesheet and record the time as they work. This could be done via a phone, desktop, or browser.
With the help of data that can be tracked, Harvest grants business owners access to the answers to quite relevant questions. It provides insight for both an employee and an employer. It helps in accessing the cost of each project, time spent by employees, and makes billing and invoicing easier.
It allows one to enter all worked hours at once and tracks time everywhere. Harvest is able to track time, set estimates, mark labels, view reports of your time, add notes, etc.
How Much Does Harvest Time Tracking App Cost?
Harvest Time Tracking App costs $12 USD per person per month, billed monthly, or $10.80 per person per month, billed annually. These options include unlimited access to all of the app’s features. There’s also a free plan with limited features for single users. Non- profit organizations and educational institutions can apply to receive discounted pricing. Harvest’s prices are high compared to other time tracking and invoicing apps. Toggl, for instance, starts at $10 per person per month and Hubstaff starts at $5 per person per month.
How Does Time Tracking Work?
Harvest helps in tracking time automatically while you work. It helps you meet deadlines; you can set up a to-do list for the day in Harvest and right beside each task, you will see a timer which tracks time spent as soon as you start working on the task. After working on the task, you would have to turn the timer off. This feature helps in tracking projects, tasks, and specific clients.
Aside from time tracking, Harvest also allows you to enter a bulk time, this comes in handy if you need to make adjustments in tracking projects.
To make invoices, Harvest automatically turns the billable time and expenses into invoices. Users can send invoices online by simply clicking. These invoices can be tracked and overviewed by managers.
Harvest can be linked to forecast; organize your schedule or that of your team’s, whether your team members are in the same or different locations. With Harvest, you need not worry about micromanaging members.
Harvest helps you distribute work more evenly since you are able to see workers/team members who are meeting deadlines and those who are lagging behind. The software can prompt you with an hourly breakdown of work done daily.
Harvest allows you to color-code projects to see which employees are working on a particular project and the exact amount of time being spent on each project.
Harvest is an excellent time tracking app for users who need invoicing and expensing tools. Harvest works well, is easy to use, and integrates well with any other business app you might need. Below are some advantages and disadvantages of using Harvest Time Tracking App.
Advantages of Using Harvest
- Super simple and flexible app. Most Project Managers find it useful since it takes care of all invoicing, reminders, and also pays clients seamlessly. Payments are smooth and convenient. Harvest provides both employee and employer with downloadable PDFs for transparency.
- Harvest has great pricing because it is affordable in both pricing plans, free and subscription plans. The free trial is available for people who have limited needs and it does not require a credit card for sign-up, whereas the subscription starts at a payment plan of $12 per month.
- A mobile app makes work much more convenient. Harvest has a mobile app for both android and IOS users. Time tracking is much easier since all you need is a phone and a good internet connection.
Downsides of Using Harvest
Some disadvantages or downsides of using Harvest Time Tracking App:
- There is usually a disconnection between the desktop app and the website. Some users complain of differences between the website and desktop app. This is not convenient since you may need to check the site while the app is running within short intervals.
- Lack of notification when the timer is left on; Mac users get notified when the timer is left on but it is not the same for other devices.
- Harvest has poor phone customer support. Instead of still using its real-time phone support from the past, it has shifted to appointments only. This is inconvenient because appointments have to be scheduled before time. Appointments for each person are limited to 15 minutes, once the time is up, no matter the status of the problem, whether resolved or not, the appointment is ended.
Harvest Time Tracking Alternatives
It is obvious that time tracking is a widely used technology, hence in the search for Harvest’s alternative, one needs productive and easy-to-use software solutions in completing tasks like invoice creation, timesheet, and time tracking.
The best competitors to Harvest Time Tracking App includes Hubstaff, Toggl track, Timecamp, Journyx, Everhour, Clockify, etc
Harvest Chrome Extension
The Harvest Chrome Extension allows you to track time from Google Chrome and within popular project management tools.
How to Download the Chrome Extension?
How to Use the Harvest Chrome Extension?
- Click the Harvest icon in the chrome toolbar to open a timer dialog
- You can press the shift +alt+H keyboard shortcut to open the extension.
- If you are not signed in to Harvest, you will be prompted to
- Choose a project and task for your timer
- Click start timer or manually enter time and click on save
- When a timer is running in Harvest, the toolbar icon will be colored orange. You can easily stop a running timer by clicking the orange icon and clicking Stop Timer.
Harvest is great for all business sizes. It is convenient for both employer and employee, focusing on their transparency when it comes to the billing of actual expenses and time spent on projects. Harvest strengthens professional relationships as well.